New York November 14, 2012
Guggenheim Investment Advisory Announces the Launch of the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform
Providing the Wealth Management Community with Improved Access to Hedge Funds
Guggenheim Investment Advisory, a business unit of Guggenheim Partners, LLC, announced today the launch of the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform, a web-based solution designed specifically for independent registered investment advisors, private banks and trust companies and similar wealth management firms. The platform enables such advisors to build and implement customized hedge fund portfolios for their clients by connecting them to Guggenheim Investment Advisory’s deeply researched menu of hedge fund managers, along with thematic guidance and support.
“We are pleased to introduce advisors to the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform, which draws on our strong legacy in alternative investing,” said Michael Christ, head of Guggenheim Investment Advisory. “We understand firsthand the issues confronting advisors in the private hedge fund marketplace and developed this platform to overcome these challenges and address their needs. We have been advising our strategic private clients on hedge fund investing since the firm’s inception and have invested in the necessary resources and operational infrastructure to support this effort.”
The Guggenheim Alternatives Platform offers:
- Access to more than 50 hedge fund managers, which represent Guggenheim Investment Advisory's core ideas in today's markets
- Low investment minimums, beginning at $100,000
- Coverage of a range of strategies, including distressed, multi-strategy, equity long/short, opportunistic credit, trading/macro and commodities, across major and emerging geographies
- Integration with The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation’s (DTCC) Alternative Investment Products (AIP) service, which provides increased transparency through standardized, streamlined reporting and reconciliation and ongoing monitoring of all funds on the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform
- Opportunities to access capacity-constrained managers
- Thematic portfolio construction guidance and analytic tools
- A streamlined, web-based implementation process
- Immediate and ongoing guidance and support from Guggenheim Investment Advisory’s experienced investment, operational and client service teams
“We are delivering a flexible and scalable way for advisors to access what we think are the best hedge fund managers and give them the resources to effectively implement solutions for their clients” said Christ. “
Our research team distills the broad universe of more than 10,000 hedge funds by applying a high-conviction, research-intensive approach to evaluating, selecting and monitoring managers,” said Charles Stucke, Chief Investment Officer for Guggenheim Investment Advisors. “Furthermore, we stand behind our research, evidenced by the fact that we invest our own strategic private clients in these same themes and managers that are available on the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform.”
The investment team collectively speaks 9 languages and has lived or worked in 10 countries. “This breadth gives us an edge in both sourcing managers and conducting due diligence on hedge funds from around the globe,” said Stucke. “We are able to break down language and cultural barriers, paving the way to build meaningful and contextual relationships with managers.” Guggenheim Investment Advisory applies separate and distinct due diligence processes for investment, operational and legal review of all managers. Only hedge funds that demonstrate exceptional investment capabilities and robust operational infrastructures are available on the Guggenheim Alternatives Platform.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners, LLC is a privately held global financial services firm with more than $160 billion in assets under management. The firm provides asset management, investment banking and capital markets services, insurance, institutional finance and investment advisory solutions to institutions, governments and agencies, corporations, investment advisors, family offices and individuals. Guggenheim Partners is headquartered in New York and Chicago and serves clients around the world from more than 25 offices in eight countries. For more information about Guggenheim Partners, visit guggenheimpartners.com.
About Guggenheim Investment Advisory
Guggenheim Investment Advisory (GIA) is a business unit of Guggenheim Partners, LLC. GIA provides investment and wealth management solutions to independent registered investment advisors, private banks and trust companies and similar financial intermediaries, helping them scale their businesses and meet the diverse needs of an increasingly sophisticated client base.